Born in 1920 in Padua, after classical studies he joined the faculty of the prestigious Institute of Architecture of Venice (IUAV), where he graduated in 1946. Despite the very low number of graduated people that year (less than ten students), many of the collegues of Bruno became very famous, such as Marcello D’Olivo, Edoardo Gellner and Angelo Masieri.

With such a small number of students, thanks to the great open mindedness of Giuseppe Samonà – who was the Director during those years – the harmony of students, teachers and assistants created a very stimulating ambience.

Despite this optimal education, the young architect Bruno Morassutti felt not ready to deal with his profession, so he decided to wrote to one of the masters of the modern movement: Frank Lloyd Wright, who had opened a school-studio at Taliesin in Wisconsin. There, under the great teacher guidance, students drew and worked, living in a kind of community.

During the spring of 1949 Bruno Morassutti moved to the United States working and studying at Taliesin East (Wisconsin) in summer, and Taliesin West (Arizona) in winter. He had the opportunity, as he later said, to “learn and experience what was missing at my university education.”

Back in Italy in 1951, after a period devoted to the illustration of the work and disclosure of F.L. Wright, he designed some villas and family houses. From 1954 to 1960 he associated himself with Archictect Mangiarotti, developing projects for urban areas, residential-industrial construction and manufacturing design. Among the works of this period, beyond numerous items of furniture and utilities, three works are significant for his career: a warehouse for metallic materials in Padua, and the building of Via Quadronno in Milan where he had his studio for the rest of his life, and the glass-church of Baranzate (MI).

In the following years, working alone and cooperating sometimes with the Architects Gussoni-Memoli-Benevento, he had the opportunity to work on innovative topics, to develop ingenious prefabricated systems and to carry out some works that reached a considerable success both in Italy and abroad: like the residential condominium in San Martino di Castrozza, the Novedrate IBM Learning Center near Como, the economic and social housing district of Castelnuovo di Conza, a country severely affected by the earthquake in Irpinia in 1980.

He continued to work with the enthusiasm and creativity of all time until death, that suddenly caught him in September 2008.